State of Financing APAC: 9.4B in Q1
During Q1 2015, there were 436 investments for a total amount of US $9.4 Billion in Asia-Pacific.
- For Q1 2015, some of the findings include:
- E-Commerce & Marketplace captured 53% of the investments in value.
- Out of the 11 biggest funds launched, 4 have been set-up by a corporation.
- 9 out of the 10 biggest deals have been done in China.
- 67% more deals have been done in India than in China.
- The 10 most active VCs have closed 29% of the deals.
Some other very cool presentations by Arnaud Bonzom here: http://www.slideshare.net/arnaudbonzom/
Also be sure to checkout our interviews with venture capitalists in the region.
As a side note there seem to be very little funding in Thailand compared to the region. This may be because the notable VC’s in the country seem to be more interested in building their own applications and businesses.